Welcome to week 1 of the Kimberbell Love Notes Mystery Quilt! We're excited to be discovering this project with you. This video is specifically for the laser cut appliqué kit from Shabby Fabrics.
Jen shows you everything that comes in your box, reviews the pattern and the supplementary items from us, shares some organizing tips, and makes the first week's block with you.
Follow along for tips, techniques, useful notions, and recommendations from Jen. Join the Facebook Group for even more excitement and to share photos with other makers:
We have limited remaining laser cut kits if you'd like to join the fun:
If you prefer machine embroidery, we have kits here:
Don't forget the backing:
Laser cut appliqué thread set:
-------- NOTIONS USED IN THIS VIDEO --------
- Heat N' Bond Lite:
- Pellon 950F ShirTailor Fusible Interfacing (we highly recommend this for stabilizing your embroidery):
- Micron Pen (for tracing appliqué shapes onto Heat N Bond Lite):
- Frixion Pen (for drawing your embroidery lines):
- Kai Embroidery Scissors:
- 45mm Rotary Cutter & fresh blade:
- Kimberbell Orange Pop Ruler - Rectangle Set:
- Kimberbell Orange Pop Ruler - Square Set:
- Creative Grids - 6½" x 12½" Ruler:
- Richard Hemming Embroidery Needles:
- Clover Seam Ripper:
- Clover Embroidery Needle Threader:
- Spinning Rotary Mat:
- Wafer Lightbox:
- Fusible Appliqué Mat:
- Wool Pressing Mat:
- Panasonic 360 Freestyle Iron:
- We're sewing on a BERNINA 770 QE and we love it!
SUBSCRIBE so you don't miss our newest videos:
We love hearing from you! Leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions for videos! We'll get back to you as quickly as possible.
JOIN our community of quilters on your favorite social media: